The U.S. Figure Skating SkateSafe® Program addresses the following types of misconduct:
- Sexual misconduct
- Physical misconduct
- Emotional misconduct
- Bullying, threats and harassment
- Willfully tolerating misconduct
Questions regarding U.S. Figure Skating’s SkateSafe® Program can be directed to SkateSafe@usfigureskating.org or 719-635-5200, Option 6.
All individuals, regardless of membership with U.S. Figure Skating, are encouraged to report suspected SkateSafe® violations. U.S. Figure Skating adult participants are required to report suspected child abuse and/or sexual misconduct to the U.S. Center for SafeSport and local law enforcement. There are no fees for filing a report with the U.S. Center for SafeSport or U.S. Figure Skating. The U.S. Center for SafeSport has the exclusive authority to investigate and resolve alleged SafeSport Code violations involving Sexual Misconduct.
Report a Concern
Laws for reporting abuse or misconduct vary by state. To view what obligations you may have for reporting under state law, click here.
U.S. Figure Skating’s list of grievances, including banned and suspended members, can be found here.
U.S. Center for SafeSport: Training and General Information
All individuals, regardless of membership with U.S. Figure Skating, are encouraged to report suspected SkateSafe violations. U.S. Figure Skating Adult Participants are required to report suspected child abuse and/or sexual misconduct to the U.S. Center for SafeSport and local law enforcement. There are no fees for filing a report with the U.S. Center for SafeSport or U.S. Figure Skating. The U.S. Center for SafeSport has the exclusive authority to investigate and resolve alleged SafeSport Code violations involving Sexual Misconduct.
U.S. Center for SafeSport Training Resources
The U.S. Center for SafeSport has many training courses available for all age groups, toolkits are available to educate parents and others on misconduct and abuse. Each toolkit addresses various prevention strategies that can be implemented to help protect children.
Club and LOC Resources
To ensure that the SkateSafe® Program is implemented in all U.S. Figure Skating member clubs, each U.S. Figure Skating member club is asked to designate a club board member to hold the title of SkateSafe® Compliance Chair. The specific duties of the club SkateSafe® Compliance Chair include monitoring the SkateSafe® policies and procedures of the club; verifying compliance with the U.S. Figure Skating coaching membership rules regarding background checks and continuing education requirements; and serve as the initial contact in the club for persons to report suspected misconduct or other violations, and when necessary, report such information to U.S. Figure Skating. Please refer to the Club SkateSafe® Compliance Chair job description for more information.
A sample Club Board Member Agreement can be found here.
A SkateSafe® branded poster for clubs and rinks to utilize can be found here.
A SkateSafe® digital file to display on club and rink TV monitors can be found here.
Procedures for event organizers can be found here.
- Codes of Conduct
Sample Codes of Conduct for clubs to customize:
- Locker Room Policy
U.S. Figure Skating has locker room resources for clubs to address some of the frequently asked questions:
- Basic locker room policy for competitions (for use at any Compete USA, nonqualifying or regional singles, pairs or dance event)
- Locker room and changing room policy
- Event medical room poster
- A SkateSafe® branded Locker Room poster for clubs and rinks to print and hang can be found here.
- A SkateSafe® branded Team Locker Room poster for clubs and rinks to print and hang can be found here.
- Compliance Toolkit
Compliance Instruction Guides
- Access Your Digital Compliance Card
- Complete Background Check
- Complete General Compliance
- Complete SafeSport Training
- Complete SafeSport Training for Parents
- Complete SafeSport Training for Athletes
- Complete Waivers & Agreements
- Access Full Compliance Report
- Access Club Compliance Report
- Access Learn to Skate USA Program Compliance Report
- Medical Compliance Memo
- Purchase Liability Insurance Through U.S. Figure Skating
- Purchase Directors & Officers Insurance
- Retrieve your SafeSport™ Training Certificate of Completion
- Understanding Compliance Terminology
- Verify Compliance
- Sign Up for Non-Member Account
Clubs can use this document as a guide for educating club members on ice usage and etiquette.