Below are a collection of resources compiled by the SkateSafe®, High Performance Sports Science & Medicine and DEI teams for participants to utilize if they or someone they know are in need of mental health support. This is to be used as a general guide of publicly available services you can explore depending on your needs. These organizations are not affiliated with U.S. Figure Skating and U.S. Figure Skating makes no representations or warranties regarding the services they provide.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis and need immediate support, call 911 or the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline by calling or texting 988.
Mental Health First Aid
Skills-based training course that teaches participants about mental health and substance-use issues.
Collection of courses, including a course specifically for coaches, that teach participants how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and to Question, Persuade, and Refer someone to help.
Collection of free resources for parents, coaches, athletes, and administrators looking to explore mental wellness through the lens of youth sport.
Are you or someone you know experiencing a mental health crisis?
- Call 911 if you or someone you know is experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency or may be a danger to someone else.
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline: Call or text 988 or chat if you or someone you know is thinking about suicide or needs immediate emotional support.
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 if you’re experiencing any painful emotion and anytime you need support
Are you or someone you know looking to find ways to get support related to mental health?
- Contact your Primary Care Physician and/or School Counselor to explore available services and providers in your community.
- NAMI: Call 800-9506264 or text “Helpline” to 62640
Are you or someone you know looking to talk about a specific mental health concern?
- NEDA: Call or text 800-931-2237 or chat if you need support, resources, or treatment options for yourself or a loved one who is struggling with an eating disorder.
- The Trevor Project: Text START to 678678, chat or call 1-866488-7386 if you need information or a safe, nonjudgmental place to talk for LGBTQ youth struggling with issues such as coming out, LGBTQ identity, depression and suicide.
- SAMHSA: Call 800-662-HELP (4357) or text your zip code to HELP4U (435748) If you need confidential referrals and information about mental and/or substance use disorders, prevention, treatment and recovery.
Are you or someone you know a survivor of abuse?
- Childhelp: Call or text 800-422-4453 or chat if you have questions or need support for child abuse situations. The counselors can also help research additional resources that may be available to you.
- RAINN: Call 800-656-HOPE (4673) or chat. The National Sexual Assault Hotline is available if you’re looking for support, information, advice or a referral.
- 1in6: Call 1-800-656-4673 or anonymously join a scheduled online group if you need information or services for men with histories of unwanted or abusive sexual experiences.
- SafeSport Helpline: Call 866-200-0796, chat or download the app (iOS, Android) if you need crisis intervention, referrals or emotional support specifically designed for athletes, staff and other SafeSport participants affected by sexual violence.
Click here to download these resources as a PDF