The U.S. Figure Skating SafeSport Program addresses the following types of misconduct:
- Sexual misconduct
- Physical misconduct
- Emotional misconduct
- Bullying, threats and harassment
- Willfully tolerating misconduct
Questions regarding U.S. Figure Skating’s SafeSport Program can be directed to SafeSport@usfigureskating.org or 719-635-5200.
All individuals, regardless of membership with U.S. Figure Skating, are encouraged to report suspected SafeSport violations. U.S. Figure Skating Adult Participants are required to report suspected child abuse and/or sexual misconduct to the U.S. Center for SafeSport and local law enforcement. There are no fees for filing a SafeSport report with the U.S. Center for SafeSport or U.S. Figure Skating. The U.S. Center for SafeSport has the exclusive authority to investigate and resolve alleged SafeSport Code violations involving Sexual Misconduct.
Report a Concern
Laws for reporting abuse or misconduct vary by state. To view what obligations you may have for reporting under state law, click here.
U.S. Figure Skating’s list of grievances, including banned and suspended members, can be found here.
U.S. Center for SafeSport: Training and General Information
The U.S. Center for SafeSport is a national nonprofit organization providing education, resources and training to promote respect and prevent abuse in sports. As a member organization of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee, U.S. Figure Skating has agreed to adhere to the Center’s policies and procedures, including the SafeSport Code.
The Center has the exclusive authority to investigate and resolve alleged SafeSport Code violations involving Sexual Misconduct.
U.S. Center for SafeSport Training Resources
The U.S. Center for SafeSport has many training courses available for all age groups, toolkits are available to educate parents and others on misconduct and abuse. Each toolkit addresses various prevention strategies that can be implemented to help protect children.
Club and LOC Resources
To ensure that the SafeSport Program is implemented in all U.S. Figure Skating member clubs, each U.S. Figure Skating member club is asked to designate a club board member to hold the title of SafeSport Compliance Chair. The specific duties of the club SafeSport Compliance Chair include monitoring the SafeSport policies and procedures of the club; verifying compliance with the U.S. Figure Skating coaching membership rules regarding background checks and continuing education requirements; and serve as the initial contact in the club for persons to report suspected misconduct or other violations, and when necessary, report such information to U.S. Figure Skating. Please refer to the Club SafeSport Compliance Chair job description for more information.
A sample Club Board Member Agreement can be found here.
- Codes of Conduct
Sample Codes of Conduct for clubs to customize:
- Locker Room Policy
U.S. Figure Skating has locker room resources for clubs to address some of the frequently asked questions:
- Compliance Toolkit
Compliance Instruction Guides
- Access Your Digital Compliance Card
- Add/Edit Your U.S. Figure Skating Membership to Your SafeSport Account
- Complete Background Check
- Complete Agreements & Waivers
- Complete SafeSport Online Training
- Download Full Compliance Report
- Purchase Liability Insurance Through U.S. Figure Skating
- Retrieve SafeSport Training Certificate
- Verify Compliance
- Sign Up for Non-Member Account
Compliance Requirements Checklists by Role
- Quick Reference Compliance Requirements (by role)
- 2020 Compliance Matrix
- U.S. Figure Skating Board of Directors and Committee Chairs
- U.S. Figure Skating Staff
- U.S. Figure Skating Coach
- U.S. Figure Skating Officials
- Independent Contractors/Vendors
- Club Board
- Club SafeSport Chair
- Testing Partner
- Synchronized Skating Team
- Theatre on Ice Team
- Mandatory Athlete
- Team USA
- International Selection Pool
- LTS Instructors
- LTS Director/Assistant Director
- General Compliance Checklist
Clubs can use this document as a guide for educating club members on ice usage and etiquette.
Miscellaneous Documents from U.S. Figure Skating
- A letter from U.S. Figure Skating leadership regarding SafeSport
- U.S. Center for SafeSport: 2019 U.S. Figure Skating Audit Report
- U.S. Figure Skating President Anne Cammett's written testimony for Congressional Hearing October 3, 2018
- 2019 Governing Council: SafeSport Presentation
- U.S. Figure Skating Gender Policy