With a continued focus on the overall health and safety of all members, U.S. Figure Skating’s updated COVID-19 policy will go into effect July 1, 2021.
The policy is based on the CDC’s Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People with the approval and guidance of U.S. Figure Skating’s Chair of the Sports Science and Medicine Committee and support by U.S. Figure Skating’s Board of Directors.
Current Policy (valid through June 30, 2021)
Masks are required by ALL people (regardless of vaccination status) attending U.S. Figure Skating-sanctioned events or activities regardless of local, state or facility policies.
- Athletes practicing or competing on the ice
- Warming up outside
Revised Policy (effective July 1, 2021)
- Masks are not required for fully vaccinated people unless specifically required by the facility hosting event/activity.
- Masks are required by people not fully vaccinated regardless of facility policies.
- Mask Policy signage, found here, must be displayed at entry points for all sanctioned events.
- The LOC is not required to ask for proof of vaccination as a condition of participation in the event.
- LOCs are still responsible for an overall Health and Safety plan and event medical coverage as part of sanctioning process.
We will continue to closely monitor the information provided by the CDC and provide updates to this policy as required. U.S. Figure Skating’s COVID-19 resources can be found here.