Participate in National Skating Month
Have you ever wanted to lace up a pair of skates and take the ice? Now is your chance! Learning to skate is easy and fun. With a little determination and a bit of practice, you will be gliding forward and even backward across the ice and toward your goals! Whether your want to learn to skate backward, spin really fast or even land an Axel, a National Skating Month event can help you get started.
Host a National Skating Month Event
Rinks, figure skating clubs and Learn to Skate USA programs are encouraged to join the National Skating Month movement and host an event in January. Turn-key marketing and giveaway kits are available to purchase September – December, and resources for planning, hosting, and marketing your event are available online throughout the year.
Rinks, clubs and programs are encouraged to plan energetic, family-friendly events that showcase the fun and empowering nature of ice skating. The size, scope and frequency of National Skating Month events are at the discretion of the host organization, and U.S. Figure Skating recommends reserving at least one kit per event.
This year, U.S. Figure Skating is offering two kits: the standard $40 kit and a deluxe $65 kit.
The $40 kit includes:
- Lip balms, tattoos, bracelets, stickers
- Zipper pulls, chip clips, luggage tags
- Goodie bags
- Online marketing materials
- Printable activities
- Resources on hosting a National Skating Month event
The $65 kit includes:
- Everything in the standard kit
- Increased quantities of select giveaway items
- Invitation to an exclusive marketing and programming webinar series designed to take your National Skating Month even to the next level
- Inclusion in a 30-day nationwide Learn to Skate USA geo-targeting marketing campaign to drive traffic to your website
Kits are available while supplies last.
Resources for Host Organizations
Hosting a National Skating Month event is a great way to share the joy of ice skating with your local community. Each year, U.S. Figure Skating prepares a digital suite of printable and downloadable event resources that are designed to make your event a success.
Together we can help new skaters across the country skate to great, one blade at a time!
Use the form below to ask a question or make a comment!