Pride Month is recognized in June to celebrate and commemorate pride for members of the LGBTQ+ community, including those who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender, by amplifying their voices and supporting LGBTQ+ rights. Figure skating is strengthened when all individuals can show up as their authentic selves and share in the joy of skating. We believe that #SkatingIsForEveryone.
What is Pride Month?
How to Recognize and Celebrate Pride Month
- Learn about the history of the LGBTQ+ community
- Learn more about gender and sexuality
- Watch a documentary (Adults only)
- Take action
- Attend a Pride event
- Ensure your workplace has equal rights and protections for all employees
- Shop at LGBT-owned businesses
Stories From Our Community
- JY Sun Finds a Stronger Sense of Self as Adult Skater
- Repurposed Treasure Leads to Indelible Impact
- Joy Skate Productions Hosts Pride Month Be Here! Be YOU! Event
- Conquering the World of Drag, Zuckerman Claims Denali
- Catching up With Karina Manta About her Book, Pride Month and More