The application process for 2020-21 Community Development Grants is now open.
Community Development Grants were established in 2010 with the purpose of providing funding to eligible member clubs and Learn to Skate USA programs throughout the United States to develop community-based programs and events that will attract, involve and inspire new generations of figure skaters.
U.S. Figure Skating is awarding six grants for the 2020-21 membership year. The purpose of these grants is to provide money to selected member clubs, Learn to Skate USA programs and U.S. Ice Rink Association member facilities to develop community-based programs or events to attract, involve and inspire new generations of figure skaters
To apply, email a concise plan to U.S. Figure Skating in care of Susi Wehrli McLaughlin, senior director of membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete contact information (contact person, phone number, email, mailing address)
- Mission of the organization including current membership numbers
- Concise statement outlining the proposed program or event plan
- Ways your plan and the grant will benefit your skating community and U.S. Figure Skating
- Describe your target audience and anticipated number of participants
- Describe the marketing strategies, tactics to be used and a sample budget
- Describe what success looks like after the program or event is completed
Only applications submitted by email will be considered. Please send your plan as a PDF, if possible. Plans received by the application deadline will be forwarded to a selection committee. All applicants will be notified of the results. Late applications will not be considered.
The application deadline is May 31, 2020. Grants will be awarded after July 1, 2020, for the 2020-21 membership season.