2024 Virtual Test Judges Promotional School for Singles and Ice Dance
March 1-3, 2024
Via Zoom video conference (links will be provided after acceptance)
PROMOTIONAL SCHOOL OFFERS
Three days of intensive training will be provided by national and international judges. Current and prospective judges may attend for ONE of the following options:
- To test for a singles test judge appointment (bronze, silver or gold)
- For education only in singles test judging
- To test for a dance test judge appointment (bronze, silver or gold)*
- For education only in dance test judging
- Because the education and testing will run in parallel for singles and dance test appointments, it is NOT possible to attend for more than one discipline.
- We plan to start the school on Friday afternoon and run through late afternoon on Sunday. You must attend the entire school to be eligible for the practical exam.
- $25 to test
- $10 for education only
To be eligible to attend, you must:
- Meet the prerequisite guidelines; and
- Be at least 18 years of age by the first day of the promotional school; and
- Be a current member in good standing of U.S. Figure Skating (Learn to Skate USA membership does not fulfill the membership requirement) and meet all compliance requirements; and
- Hold one or more appointments as a judge OR be registered as a trial judge.
HOW DO I EARN AN APPOINTMENT THROUGH THE PROMOTIONAL SCHOOL
- Those who are accepted to the promotional school will take a practical exam(s) during the school.
- Those who successfully pass the practical exam(s) will have to take and pass the applicable online exam following the promotional school to earn an appointment/promotion. Detailed information and instructions regarding the online exam will be emailed to each candidate following the school.
FOR WHAT LEVEL CAN I TEST?
- Standard candidates who have no current appointment are eligible to apply to test for a pre-silver test judge appointment.
- Accelerated and advanced candidates who have no current appointment may choose to test for either a pre-silver or a gold appointment.
CEUS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO ATTEND
- A maximum of 45 CEUs can be earned by those who attend the full promotional school
APPLICATION AND ACCEPTANCE
To apply, please complete the online application at:
Applications will only be accepted through this online form. Payment is not required with the application but will be requested later of those who are accepted.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, Dec. 31, 2023
No one will be notified of acceptance until the deadline has passed. All applicants will be notified of acceptance by Jan. 14, 2024.
SPACE IS LIMITED. MEETING THE QUALIFICATIONS DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE.
The subcommittee must take into consideration things such as the number of candidates relative to the number of faculty to give all participants a chance to take part in discussions so everyone can be evaluated fairly. In addition, video quality tends to degrade as more people are connected to a Zoom meeting, so numbers need to be limited to allow for a positive experience in that regard. If there is not enough space to accept all applicants, priority will be given to those who apply to test for an appointment; and activity and time in grade will be considered in determining acceptance.
Questions regarding the promotional school can be directed to Kerry Jennings-Cooper at email@example.com. Questions regarding the online application can be directed to Juliet Newcomer at firstname.lastname@example.org.