U.S. Figure Skating is proud to observe National Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15 through October 15 by celebrating the histories, cultures and contributions of Hispanic and Latinz people whose ancestors came from Mexico, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, Spain, and Central and South America.
We recognize that Hispanic and Latinx heritage adds to our culture within figure skating and is something to be valued and celebrated. We believe that heritage is important, as it provides people with a sense of identity, community and pride. When we take time to value others and their diverse culture and community, we intentionally create a sense of belonging in our sport.
Ways to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month
- Learn about Hispanic Heritage Month
- Support Latinx and Hispanic small businesses
- Watch a documentary about the Latinx or Hispanic experience
- Read a book by Latinx or Hispanic authors
- Cook a new recipe
- Listen to music from Latinx and Hispanic artists
- Visit a museum
- Learn about the different Spanish dialects
- Take a Latin dance class
Stories From Our Community
- Lindsay Thorngren: Proud to be Dominican
- Dedication and Drive
- Dedication, Culture Shape Martinez Family’s Skating Journey