2024 Virtual Referees Promotional School for Singles/Pairs and Ice Dance
Feb. 10, 2024
This school is for new referees and current referees who need a refresher or a promotion. This school will be divided into singles/pairs and ice dance. A synchronized referee school will be held in late spring or early summer 2024. All candidates attending the school will be eligible to take an exam to become a referee or earn a promotion to a higher level. You must attend the entire school to be eligible to receive the exam.
Via Zoom video conference (a link will be provided after acceptance)
PROMOTIONAL SCHOOL OFFERS
- To test for a singles/pairs referee appointment
- For education only for singles/pairs referees
- To test for a dance referee appointment
- For education only for dance referees
- Because the education and testing will run in parallel for singles and dance test appointments, it is NOT possible to attend for more than one discipline.
- $25 to test
- $10 for education only
To be eligible to attend, you must:
- Hold one or more appointments as a judge in the discipline in which you'd like to attend.
- Be a current member in good standing of U.S. Figure Skating (Learn to Skate USA membership does not fulfill the membership requirement) and meet all compliance requirements.
CEUS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO ATTEND
- A maximum of 25 CEUs can be earned by those who attend the full promotional school.
APPLICATION AND ACCEPTANCE
To apply, please complete the online application at:
Applications will only be accepted through this online form. Payment is not required with the application but will be requested later of those who are accepted.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, Dec. 17, 2023
No one will be notified of acceptance until the deadline has passed. All applicants will be notified of acceptance by Jan. 3, 2024.
SPACE IS LIMITED. MEETING THE QUALIFICATIONS DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE.
The subcommittee must take into consideration things such as the number of candidates relative to the number of faculty to give all participants a chance to take part in discussions so everyone can be evaluated fairly. In addition, video quality tends to degrade as more people are connected to a Zoom meeting, so numbers need to be limited to allow for a positive experience in that regard. If there is not enough space to accept all applicants, priority will be given to those who apply to test for an appointment; and activity and time in grade will be considered in determining acceptance.
Questions regarding the promotional school can be directed to Lynn Goldman at email@example.com. Questions regarding the online application can be directed to Juliet Newcomer at firstname.lastname@example.org.