2023 Virtual Educational Sessions for Singles and Dance Test Judges
Feb. 11, 2023, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET
Via Zoom video conference (links will be provided after acceptance
PROMOTIONAL SCHOOL OFFERS
Full day of education provided by the Judges Training Subcommittee. Current and prospective judges may attend for singles or dance.
IMPORTANT: Because the education will run in parallel for singles and dance, it is NOT possible to attend for more than one discipline. However, applicants are welcome to submit an application for each discipline in case one discipline should fill up.
- $10 for education only
To be eligible to attend, you must:
- Be a current member in good standing of U.S. Figure Skating (Learn to Skate USA membership does not fulfill the membership requirement) and meet all compliance requirements;
- Hold one or more appointments as a test judge OR be registered as a trial judge;
- Have completed the 2022 Judges Rules Review for the discipline you’re applying for; and
- Have no open ethics complaints or violations against you.
Applicants who meet the requirements will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
CEUS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO ATTEND
- 25 CEUs will be provided to those who attend the full day of education
APPLICATION AND ACCEPTANCE
To apply, please complete the online application at:
Applications will only be accepted through this online form. Payment is not required with the application but will be requested after the deadline from those who are accepted.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023
Acceptance will not be confirmed until the deadline has passed. All applicants will be notified of acceptance no later than the end of the day on Monday, Jan. 9, 2023.
SPACE IS LIMITED. MEETING THE QUALIFICATIONS DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE.
The subcommittee must take into consideration the number of attendees relative to the number of faculty to give all participants a chance to take part in discussions. Also, video quality tends to degrade as more people are connected to a Zoom meeting, so numbers may need to be limited to allow for a positive experience in that regard.
Questions regarding the school can be directed to Kerry Jennings-Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the online application can be directed to Juliet Newcomer at email@example.com.