2023 National Technical Panel Training and Testing: Singles, Pairs, Ice Dance and Synchronized Skating
March 23-26, 2023
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
16455 E 40th Circle
Aurora, CO 80011
Room rate: $129 + tax/per night
To make reservations: https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1663858121010&key=GRP
Deadline to get the group rate is Wednesday, March 1, 2023. Only a limited number of rooms are available in the block, so register early to make sure you get one.
The closest airport to the hotel is the Denver International Airport (DEN), which is approximately nine miles from the hotel. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle to the airport every half hour starting at 3:40 a.m. with the last pick up from the hotel at 11:40 p.m. Pick ups from the airport are every half hour starting at about 4:20 a.m. and ending at 12 a.m. Pick ups are on the East side of the airport outside of door 505 on island 3.
- Candidates for initial certification should plan to arrive in time for training to begin the morning of Thursday, March 23.
- Everyone else should plan to arrive in time for training to begin at 1 pm on Thursday, March 23.
- Candidates testing for appointment or promotion should plan to depart no earlier than 2 pm on Sunday, March 26.
- Observers and those who aren’t testing will be able to leave any time on Sunday, March 26.
We also plan to offer an introductory educational session via video conference approximately three or four weeks in advance of the seminar. The session will be recorded for those who can’t attend live.
A more specific agenda will be provided after candidates are officially accepted to the seminar.
Please note that we recommend holding off on booking flights until you are officially accepted to the seminar. If you choose to book your flights earlier, U.S. Figure Skating will not be responsible for any costs you may incur if you are not accepted to the seminar.
- Certification for new technical controllers and technical specialists for singles, pairs, ice dance and synchronized skating
- Advancement for certified technical controllers and specialists for singles, pairs, ice dance and synchronized skating
- Certification for new data operators
- Advancement for certified data operators
Minimum requirements to test for an initial appointment and requirements to test for promotion are available here.
Data Operators and Technical Specialists
- $150 for U.S. Figure Skating members seeking initial certification, a promotion or recertification
- $120 for U.S. Figure Skating members seeking activity (i.e. already holding an appointment who would like to practice but don't want to test for advancement)
- $60 for U.S. Figure Skating members seeking initial certification, a promotion or recertification
- $30 for U.S. Figure Skating members seeking activity (i.e. already holding an appointment who would like to practice but don't want to test for advancement)
- $90 for non-U.S. Figure Skating members
- $150 for U.S. Figure Skating members who would like to observe
- $300 for non-U.S. Figure Skating members who would like to attend for certification, activity or to observe
- National faculty
- More than two days of intensive IJS training
- Testing for certification or advancement (except for observers and those seeking activity)
Expenses including travel, hotel and meals are the responsibility of each attendee.
APPLICATION AND ACCEPTANCE
Applications are due by Wednesday, January 4, 2023, and must be completed online at
Applications will only be accepted through this online form. Payment is NOT required with the application but will be requested later only of those who are accepted.
SPACE IS LIMITED (especially for data). No one will be notified of acceptance until the deadline has passed and all applications have been reviewed. All applicants will be notified of acceptance no later than Jan. 20, 2023.
Please contact Juliet Newcomer at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or 719.228.3481.