The Technical Panel Committee of U.S. Figure Skating will be hosting Technical Panel Continuing Education Schools in singles, pairs, ice dance and data in conjunction with the 2018 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic and Challenge Skate in Salt Lake City, Utah, Sept. 14-16.
All schools will offer classroom sessions as well as time on actual IJS equipment rink side during competition events. In addition to offering continuing education, testing will be offered for those who already hold a nonqualifying appointment in singles, pairs or ice dance, or a nonqualifying or regional appointment in data who are approved to test for promotion. We are not able to offer testing for national appointments at this school, nor are we able to offer testing for initial certification in any discipline. Please note that our ability to hold each school is dependent on having a sufficient number of approved applicants.
Please note that we recommend holding off on booking flights until you are officially accepted to the school. If you choose to book your flights earlier, U.S. Figure Skating will not be responsible for any change fees you may incur if you are not accepted.
WHO CAN ATTEND
The school is open to technical controllers, technical specialists and data operators already holding a technical panel appointment in singles, pairs and/or ice dance. Applicants will be notified of acceptance following the deadline, and after all applications have been evaluated. Space is limited, and acceptance is not guaranteed.
Data Operators and Technical Specialists
- $150 for non-U.S. Figure Skating members
- $125 for U.S. Figure Skating members seeking an appointment/promotion or recertification
- $100 for U.S. Figure Skating members already holding an appointment who would like to practice but don't want to test for advancement
- $75 for non-U.S. Figure Skating members
- $50 for U.S. Figure Skating members seeking an appointment/promotion or recertification
- $25 for U.S. Figure Skating members already holding an appointment who would like to practice but don't want to test for advancement
- The right to attend all the meetings in the respective discipline (singles and pairs)*
- Access to all competition events (although meetings will conflict with some)
- Two days of intensive IJS training, including rotations through IJS equipment in the arena
- Testing for advancement
*Technical controllers and specialists who would like to attend in more than one discipline may do so without having to pay a second fee; however, the schedules for the disciplines will overlap, so if you attend in more than one, you will not be able to attend all sessions for each discipline. Testing for advancement is allowed in only one discipline and category per attendee.
Expenses including travel, hotel and meals are the responsibility of each attendee. However, reservations at the Marriott will be handled through U.S. Figure Skating, so please don’t contact the hotel directly. More information regarding reservations will be provided with the official acceptances to the school.
HOW TO REGISTER
Applications are due by Monday, August 6, 2018, and must be completed online at
Applications will only be accepted through this online form. Payment is NOT required with the application but will be requested later only of those who are accepted.
No one will be notified of acceptance until the deadline has passed and all applications have been reviewed. All applicants will be notified of acceptance no later than Friday, Aug. 17.
Please contact Juliet Newcomer at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or 719.228.3481.