U.S. Figure Skating, MLB Advanced Media Unveil New icenetwork.com
This partnership with MLBAM is extremely important to the future of U.S. Figure Skating, said David Raith, executive director of U.S. Figure Skating. It signifies our aggressive pursuit of capturing new exposure and revenue opportunities through interactive media as we see the rights to U.S. Figure Skating content as extremely valuable based on our extensive fan base and our status as the most popular Olympic winter sport.
The new icenetwork.com will serve as a portal to enhance the figure skating fan experience. With extensive free content from around the world and access to subscription-based video through the icenetwork.com season pass, icenetwork.com now has every angle of the sport of figure skating covered. In celebration of the re-launch, icenetwork.com will provide a free preview of its season pass subscription product with exclusive live and on-demand video coverage of the 2007 Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series from the 1980 Rink Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, N.Y., on Saturday, Sept. 1 and Sunday, Sept. 2. Live coverage will begin each day at 11:30 a.m. ET.
The icenetwork.com season pass will include unprecedented access to live and on-demand broadcasts of the sport's highest profile events in this country, including Skate America (Oct. 26-28), the U.S. Junior Championships (Nov. 28-Dec. 1), the U.S. Championships (Jan. 20-27, 2008) and the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships (Feb. 21-23, 2008). In addition, subscribers will receive complete on-demand coverage of the Eastern, Midwestern and Pacific Coast Sectionals (November 2007) and the U.S. Adult Championships (April 2008). Additional content available to season pass subscribers will be made available throughout the season.
We are excited to launch the new icenetwork.com for the passionate fans of figure skating, said Dinn Mann, executive vice president, content, editor in chief, MLB Advanced Media. The dynamic content offerings on this robust platform will be instrumental in achieving our goal of creating a community in the digital space to engage fans in the sport while establishing the premiere online destination for everything figure skating - news, live and on-demand multimedia, wireless, tickets and e-commerce.
Additional features of the new icenetwork.com include:
- icenetwork.com Season Pass Live and on-demand video of U.S. Figure Skating events
- Event Pages Each event on the U.S. Figure Skating calendar has a dedicated area with complete coverage, including previews, results, recaps and multimedia highlights as well as venue and ticketing information.
- Message Boards Icenetwork.com will provide a community portal for figure skating fans to connect with each other and discuss the world of figure skating.
- Skater Profiles Fans can learn about each skater with in-depth profiles that feature competition histories, biographical data, photo galleries and video highlights.
- Multimedia Features There will be an extensive collection of free multimedia offerings, including video highlights, interviews, special features and expansive photo galleries.
- Newsletter Fans can register for the free icenetwork.com newsletter and receive skating updates from around the world.
icenetwork.com Shop The U.S. Figure Skating online shop, in association with icenetwork.com, provides fans with apparel and skating equipment.