Jurisdiction: collecting viewpoints and ideas of parents of active and former competitive athletes; communicating these ideas and viewpoints; informational and educational meetings for parents; providing guidance to parents in their supportive role in the lives of competitive athletes; promoting Codes of Ethics and good sportsmanship; selecting spokespersons for meetings, seminars and camps; preparing and publishing FOCUS for Parents in SKATING magazine.
Parents Committee Chair
For a detailed job description, click here.
- To assist event local organizing committees through liaison with the director of competitions in recommending policies to recognize parents of skaters competing at major competitions (PLCR 2.011);
- To provide volunteer parents to assist with parents' needs at major competitions, such as staffing parents' hospitality room, providing information on housing, buses and tours, etc. (PLCR 2.012). (Note: this should be delegated to the appropriate local organizing committees);
- To delegate a parent spokesperson to attend the Governing Council meeting (PLCR 2.013);
- To prepare "Focus for Parents", for inclusion in SKATING four times a year, with appropriate topics;
- To have the duty and power of enforcing and carrying out the official rules which relate to the matters within its jurisdiction (Bylaws Article XVIII, Section 1).
- To have the duty of formulating rules for the matters within its jurisdiction and of keeping said rules current and up to date. Any rule changes therein so formulated shall be submitted to the Board of Directors for action, and no rules or changes therein shall be effective until approved and published (Bylaws Article XVIII, Section 2, Bylaws Article XXII, Section 3).
Visit the U.S. Figure Skating Parents Committee Facebook page.
|Lisa Heritage||Vice Chair for Dance||Laheritage@frontier.com|
|Kristin Adamczyk||Vice Chair for Synchronizedemail@example.com|
|Mary Pottenger||Vice Chair for Singles/Pairsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|B.L. Wylie||Vice Chair for Basic Skillsemail@example.com|
|New England Region|
|North Atlantic Region|
|South Atlantic Region|
|Eastern Great Lakes Region|
|Upper Great Lakes Region|
|Julie Mattson Ostrowfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Heidi DeLio Thibertemail@example.com|
Pacific Coast Section
|Central Pacific Region|
|Northwest Pacific Region|
|Southwest Pacific Region|
|Group Coordinator: Justin Dillonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Finance Liaison: Courtney Bohenemail@example.com|
|Coaches Chair: Alex Changfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rules Chair: Linda Chiharaemail@example.com|
|HQ Liaison: Susi Wehrlifirstname.lastname@example.org||HQ Liaison/Rules: Juliet Newcomeremail@example.com|
|* Coaching Member|
|** Athlete Member|
|*** Ex officio|