Board Report of Action for June 22, 2010
REPORT OF ACTION
taken by the
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
by e-mail ballot
June 22, 2010
With voting completed on June 23, 2010 the Board of Directors took the following actions:
1. APPROVED a request of the Singles Committee to amend rule 3662 (A)(6) and (B) of the Novice Ladies Short Program to read as shown and to become effective immediately: (15 yes, 0 no)
- A. Technical elements are:
- 6. One spiral sequence consisting
2. APPROVED at the request of the Pairs Committee to adopt the ISU's newly amended choreographed spiral base value for the novice pairs short program required spiral sequence (rule 4061) ISU Communication 1611 no longer provides calling specifications for levels of difficulty for the spiral sequence. The 53rd ISU Congress adopted the provision that the spiral sequence will always be called as a choreographed spiral sequence (ChSp). The choreographed spiral sequence will be awarded a base value when the requirements are fulfilled and evaluated by the Judges' GOE only. The base value will be applied uniformly throughout the IJS software including novice pair events at U.S. Figure Skating competition, effective July 1, 2010. (15 yes, 0 no)
A Spiral is a position with one blade on the ice and the free leg (including knee and foot) higher than the hip level. Spiral positions are classified according to the skating leg (right, left), edge (outside, inside), direction (forward, backward) or position of the free leg (backward, forward, sideways).
There must be at least two (2) spiral positions not less than three (3) seconds long each or only one (1) spiral position not less than six (6) seconds long. In case this requirement is not fulfilled, the spiral sequence will have no value. The spiral sequence will always be awarded a fixed base value and evaluated by judges in GOE only.
3. APPROVED at the request of the Pairs Committee for all adult pairs, juvenile pairs and open juvenile pairs to replace the pivot spiral with the pivot figure giving them the option of a death spiral or a pivot figure. (14 yes, 1 no)