- Basic Skills
- Adult Skating
- Theatre On Ice
- Test Track
- State Games
- Intercollegiate Team Skating
- National Showcase
- National Skating Month
- Solo Dance Competition Series
- Icemen Programs
- High School Programs
- Graduating Seniors Program
- Special Olympics/ Therapeutic Skating
- 6.0 System
- Gold Map
Approval Procedure for Hosting a State Games Competition
To improve the quality and uniformity of the State Games competitions, the State Games Committee requires all State Games competitions to apply for a competition sanction for their event.
The president or secretary of the hosting club must fill out and submit their sanction application on-line at the Members Only site at least 30 days in advance of the planned distribution of their competition materials. The SVC for State Games will review the competition announcement for correctness of rules and guidelines insuring compliance with the standardized nonqualifying competition announcement and forward the approved sanction to the RVC of Competitions to have the sanction issued and the date placed on the Competition Calendar. The sanction must be approved before the announcement is made public.
If you use Basic Skills events in your announcement for State Games, you must also apply for a Basic Skills competition approval. Exact wording of Basic Skills events is necessary. To help with the Basic Skills part of your announcement and to help with obtaining your Basic Skills approval, please refer to the link in the Resources Box titled Basic Skills Competition Manual.
2. Login your membership number and password information.
3. Go to the "Club Mgmt" section and scroll down to Sanctions
4. The President or Secretary of the club will need to fill out the sanction and check the box that this is a State Games.
5. You will be directed to send your announcement to the SVC of State Games of your section for review.
6. The SVC for State Games must approve the announcement and will forward the request to have a sanction issued. A sanction must be approved for the competition before the announcement is made public. Please do not distribute the competition announcement before obtaining this approval from the State Games SVC.
7. U.S. Figure Skating Headquarters will issue your competition an official approval certificate or sanction and will have it available for downloading at the “Club Mgmt” area of the US Figure Skating website.
8. Display this certificate throughout the duration of the State Games competition.
Submit announcement and sanction request to your Sectional Vice Chair for State Games.
EASTERN SECTIONAL VICE CHAIR
MIDWESTERN SECTION VICE CHAIR
PACIFIC SECTION VICE CHAIR