Welcome to the Technical Information portion of the U.S. Figure Skating website. Here you will find important information on the many technical aspects of figure skating. For easier navigation, tabs on the left side of the page will guide you to each discipline (Singles/Pairs, Ice Dancing, Synchronized Skating and Adult Skating). Within the tabs are discipline-specific technical information, ISU communications, technical panel information and judges and referees information.
U.S. Figure Skating Alerts and Technical Notifications are on a separate page.
A link to the U.S. Figure Skating Rulebook can be found in the left-side navigation of this page.
- (7/24) - There are no technical notifications this week.
- (7/24) - ISU Communication #1885 - Ice Dancing - Corrections to ISU Communications #1857, #1860 and #1875 - has been added here.
- (7/24) - ISU Communication #1884 - Single and Pairs Skating - Amendments and Corrections to ISU Communication #1861 has been added here.
- (7/10) - There are no technical notifications this week.
- (7/3) - Technical Notification #149 - Implementation of ISU Communications #1874 and #1875 - has been posted here.
- (6/19) - Technical Notification #147 - Ice Dancing - Calling Clarifications for Novice, Intermediate and Juvenile has been updated here.
- (6/5) - Technical Notification #148 - Singles Calling Clarification for Novice, Intermediate and Juvenile
has been added and Technical Notification #96 - Competitions - IJS Calculations for Nonqualifying-Level Events and Non Standard Elements Scale of Values has been updated here.
2014-15 Scale of Values for Pattern Dance, Short Dance and Free Dance Elements
- (5/8) - Technical Communication #145 - Ice Dancing, Singles and Pairs - Implementation Date of ISU Communications #1860 and #1861 has been added here.
- (4/3) - Technical Notification #143 - Singles Skating - Spin Clarification for Novice Short Program and Free Skate and Technical Notification #144 - Synchronized Skating - Adoption of ISU Age Changes for the Season 2014-15 for Senior and Junior have been added here.
(4/3) - ISU Communication #1857 - Ice Dancing - Requirements for Technical Rules for Season 2014-15, Additions to the ISU Ice Dancing Music Rhythms Booklet - Spanish Dance Rhythms and have been added here.
- (3/27) - Technical Notification #141 - Synchronized Skating - Senior, Junior and Collegiate Well-Balanced Program Requirements 2014-15 and Technical Notification #142 - Judges for Nonqualifying Theatre on Ice Events have been added here.
ISU Communication #1856 - Synchronized Skating - Technical Requirements Season 2013-14 has been added here.
The international judging system will be used at:
- Regional and sectional championships - All qualifying levels and all disciplines
- Synchronized sectional championships - Intermediate and above events including adult, collegiate and open junior
- U.S. Junior Championships - All events
- U.S. Championships - All events
- U.S. Collegiate Championships - All events
- U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships - Intermediate and above events including adult and collegiate
- U.S. Adult Championships - Adult gold events and higher in the free skate (singles and pairs) and dance events, including masters open dance