NARCE - Skating Director Course - May 20-22
The Skating Director course runs Monday, May 20 through Wednesday, May 22 at the Adoba Hotel in Dearborn, Michigan. 16 PSA credits will be given to all participants for their attendance. Completion of this course will also fulfill the education requirements of new figure skating clubs. The Skating Director's Course registration fee of $175 includes all course materials, daily lunch, and a pass to the RINK Expo trade show. To register, please visit www.NARCE.com.
The two-and-a-half-day seminar will focus on the seamless administration of successful programs and ways to build a healthy customer base, retain skaters and continue to move them through the pipeline of U.S. Figure Skating programs. Every presentation will provide information and resources that can be implemented on the local level.
- All about U.S. Figure Skating
- Growing your skating program
- Best practices of figure skating clubs
- Destination Sochi - making the most of the upcoming Olympic Winter Games
- Developing profitable programs and events
- U.S. Figure Skating's SafeSport Program
- Our new off-ice athleticism testing program, S.T.A.R.S.
- Resources for starting an off-ice fitness program
- Training and managing your coaching staff
- Synchronized, TOI and other team concept programs
- Ideas on collaborating with your local hockey association
- Dealing with difficult situations and customers
- Delivering parent education
- Real programs that work!
- Comparison of fee structures
If you have questions regarding NARCE, please contact Jeff Theiler at 719-538-1149. Limited spots available, sign up today - class sold-out the past two years.
If you are interested in hosting a Club Education Seminar, please contact Susi Wehrli-McLaughlin at email@example.com.
Whether your club has been around for years or it's just been formed, you're in for some interesting situations. Club members don't always click, rules are not always upheld, and the traditional management techniques don't always work. You'll learn groundbreaking ideas to deal with these issues by attending a U.S. Figure Skating Club Education Seminar.
Seminars are one-day events, lasting from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. The fee is $75 per person or $250 per board of four or more members. The fee includes all materials, lunch and afternoon break. Topics include:
- Legal and ethical responsibilities
- How to recruit and retain volunteers
- Risk management
- Board development and education
- Fiscal management
- Strategic thinking
- Rink relations
- How to grow and retain members
- Programming and special events
- Hosting an Intercollegiate Competition (3/28/13)
- Adult Skating Webinar (3/21/13)
- High School Webinar (3/19/13)
- Fundraising Webinar (1/17/13)
- Membership Development Webinar, Part Two (10-18-12)
- Membership Development Slides Part One (9-20-12)
- Working with Your Club's Coaching Staff slides
- Q and A Rink Relations Webinar
- Air Quality
- Rink Relations Webinar slides
- What Makes Quality Ice
- 2012 Social Media Club Webinar Slides
- Hosting Parent Education Webinar
- Club Financial Management Slides - December 2011
- Club Governance Webinar Slides - November 2011
- Club Governance Webinar Q and A, 11-3-11
What they're saying about the Club Education Seminars ...
- "I learned how to be a successful board member. I am a first time attendee and would recommend this seminar to new and seasoned board members"
- "The seminar raised my awareness of what it takes to run an efficient and productive board for our club. I have concrete ideas that I am taking away today that I am excited to implement with my team."
- "It was a great introduction to nonprofit as well as specific U.S. Figure Skating club management information. I feel so much more confident in taking the next step in growing our club."