- Team USA
- U.S. Synchronized Skating Team
- S.T.A.R.S. Off-Ice Testing
- Team USA Prep Seminar
- DREAM Program
- Sport Science and Medicine
- Tests Passed/U.S. Figure Skating Gold Medalists
- Getting Started in Pairs and Ice Dancing
- Special Achievement Awards
- Nonqualifying Competitions Outside North America
Nonqualifying Competitions Outside North America
U.S. Figure Skating's International Committee and the Athlete Development Committee have come up with a set of guidelines that will now allow any member of U.S. Figure Skating to participate in nonqualifying competitions outside of North America, provided they adhere to the guidelines and policies listed below. This is replacing the Club/Young Internationals program.
Policies and Guidelines
International Committee and Athlete Development Committee
Updated May 2008
Nonqualifying competitions outside North America will be treated as any other nonqualifying competition in North America. Any member of U.S. Figure Skating is welcome to participate provided they adhere to the policies addressed in this document.
- Skaters must represent their home club
- Skaters and coaches who choose to participate in these events will not be considered members of Team USA or the Developmental International Team. For more information on Team USA and the Developmental International Team, click here (PDF).
- Skaters cannot compete in any event, even representing their home club, that is on the ISU calendar. (This policy does not pertain to any adult competitions on the ISU calendar. Such competitions are still open to any adult competitors who wish to enter and who meet the competition criteria.)
- Skaters cannot compete in any event in Europe, even representing their home club, which is being used as a Team USA or Developmental International Team event.
- Skaters and coaches should notify the chair of the International Committee of their intent to compete in a nonqualifying competition outside North America before making arrangements to ensure that the event is not being utilized as a Developmental International or Team USA event.
- Coaches who have skaters participating in a nonqualifying competition outside North America may not use the competition toward increasing their PSA ranking and are not allowed to call themselves "international" or "World" coaches
- Skaters attending nonqualifying competitions outside North America may not use the phrase "Team USA" on any apparel or publications
- Skaters attending nonqualifying competitions outside North America will not be eligible to purchase or receive a Team USA warm-up, team pin or Developmental International Team jacket
- Skaters and coaches who choose to participate in nonqualifying competitions outside North America do so knowing that:
- They will be 100 percent responsible for all arrangements, expenses and requirements associated with the competition, including meeting deadlines, finding hotel rooms, etc.
- U.S. Figure Skating will not be able to provide assistance or support for skaters attending nonqualifying competitions outside North America (financial or otherwise)